Wednesday, 18 December 2013

title sequence analysis


These are some of the some examples that I have been looking at for opening titles for my film as part of g321.i like the jaws one because it’s very simplistic using simple fades and the iconic music identified with the shark about to attack someone. The music appears as the shot goes to and underwater tilt this is used as it is trying to replicate a shark swimming thought the water, it gives a very important feel to the story straight away. The main jaws title is very bold and thick and grabs the viewer’s attention it is a very unique font that the viewers can only identify with this film. The credits are very big and bold and I think this fits the whole theme of the film. At the start the credits include the universal studios logo as it’s the producer of the films. I also choose the psycho opening titles of 1960. I like in the into that it is constantly moving and it uses an interesting transition methods and colours that I think could be related to the theme of the film. The font is very straight and the font size is small that could be linked to a psycho theme with a black background there is also included the paramount logo to show that that is where the film was made the intro also includes very fast strange music that I think relates to the them very well and in some ways sets the tone of the film.      


1 comment:

  1. in the title sequence analysis in this task i had to lookup some intro's and mention what they show and how it relates to the plot and sequence of the film. I choose two intro sequences that relate to the theme i have chosen which is horror. i choose these two in particular because they have very interesting features eg there transitions and music effects i think relate well with the storyline and i think show the storyline and what might happen. the jaws intro i like because of its smooth fades and carm mellow music then as it shows the title of the film the iconic music that people can relate to with danger and sharks starts. i like the pshyco film because of interesting transitions that i believe have a relation to the films meaning.

    ReplyDelete