Thursday, 17 October 2013

adding sound to batman opening sequence


I really enjoyed this task. Using garage band sound effects to adapt the opening scenes in the batman the dark night. First I looked and listened to the original film clip to get ideas and to also understand the types of elements included in this sequence. I enjoyed being able to use different effects to fit to certain parts and elements in the film e.g. explosions and gun shots. I used the iMac using garage band to form a timeline that links with the video, I found it easy to find effects and instrument sounds and to place and edit them in the timeline window. I found it challenging but fun being able to match what was happening in the opening of the film to a timeline of sounds that I had chosen and cut. I believe I was able to complete a timeline that covered allot of the film opening with sound that I believe fitted and after watching it back I found out that I had made good judgements on most sounds I had used. What I found to be the trickiest parts of the task where the timings and getting the correct sound clip at the right time so that it would correspond correctly with the film clip I feel should have imported the film clip in to the garage band timeline so it could have been perfectly lined up with the sounds I had chosen this would have allowed me to focus on just the garage band application instead of flicking between windows. Overall I believe the sounds I had chosen where good for the film i was doing and the sound of the film I wanted to get across and I believe it fit with the different elements that where taking place within the film I did try to recreate some of the sounds from the original film music from the sounds I had available as I felt these where needed to make the film and music still seem realistic even with different types of sounds. I am really pleased with what I was able to achieve on garage band on this task.             

1 comment:

  1. this is my batman opening sequence where I analysed a beginning sequence of the batman rises film and added sound over the top of it using garage band audio clips to make gun sounds and vehicle sounds to suit what's going on onscreen

    ReplyDelete